Job Vacancy – Designer / Design Engineer, North Yorkshire
Bisca designs and manufactures luxury staircases and currently has an available job vacancy, recruiting for a talented Designer / Design Engineer, who will work from our head office in the beautiful North Yorkshire town of Helmsley.
Bisca’s design skills have been showcased worldwide, having created and inspired some of the most beautiful and stunning staircases ever to be commissioned. Testimony to the talent of our design team, is the feedback we receive from our clients, who often make reference to the design process we undertake and how this sets apart the service that Bisca offers in the staircase manufacturing industry.
With a constant flow of exciting projects being instructed, we are continuously looking to attract new talent to our design team. You will be passionate about design and being creative, always stirving to develop new skills, whilst being committed to upholding Bisca’s award-winning reputation within the staircase industry. In return, Bisca can assure you an exciting and varied role, which allows you to push the principles of design and offers a secure and stimulating career for the foreseeable future.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + benefits.
Relocation Support: Assistance with relocation may be considered for the right person.
As a Designer / Design Engineer at Bisca, you will be responsible for taking a project from concept stage to completion, overseeing the entire process from initiation, through to when a staircase is installed within a client’s home. Your job at Bisca will be varied and stimulating, starting with a blank sheet of paper for each project you work on, and rarely – if ever – completing the same design twice whilst working with us.
Bisca will give you the opportunity to use and develop both your creative and technical design skills, allowing you to take into consideration how the product will work as well as how it will look, during the different phases of the design lifecycle. You will also demonstrate a level of commercial awareness, anticipating how each of your decisions at any point can have an impact on the overall profit of a project.
From one day to the next you could be involved in any part of the project process, from speaking to prospective clients on their first phone call or working with our in-house craftsman to agree manufacture and installation processes for the more advanced projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work within the Design team to take a number of projects from proposal stage to full completion
- Use all available resources, quality materials and processes in order to meet the needs of key stakeholders for each project
- Manage the projects at all stages throughout the design process on time and within budget
- Ensure the profitable execution and delivery of projects through design
- Monitor accuracy and quality standards to ensure they are met at all times
- Develop commercially sustainable and innovative solutions to projects
- Assist with training and maintenance of the service levels and standards for internal and external clients
- Manage associated paperwork and data input to the levels required by the company
- Co-operate effectively with all areas of the business to ensure the workflow moves successfully between departments
- Ensure that the quality of the product delivered to the workshop is of the highest standard
Required Experience & Skills
- Must be proficient in 3D modelling with experience of SolidWorks
- Degree level qualified in a relevant design related area
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Organised and able to manage a number of projects effectively at any one time
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Able to work and communicate effectively with other teams and departments, internally and externally
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Commercially aware in your approach to customer requirements and service levels
- Able to demonstrate previous experience or relevant transferable skills in a similar environment
- Demonstrable experience in successfully using SolidWorks package
- Motivated to achieve daily and weekly targets / deadlines
- Have a ‘can do’ approach to work with good problem solving skills
- Able to interact effectively in order to build strong working relationships
- Must be able and willing to multitask in the business
- Must be driven to constantly look for ways to improve performance
- Able to create a positive working environment and demonstrate commitment to good environmental practice
- Have a flexible approach to working hours